Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Section Overview

Since I've decided to go "all in" with interactive notebooks this year, I have really been trying really hard to plan out how I will introduce each unit.  Again, Jessie Hester from Mrs. Hester's Classroom is my inspiration...she begins each unit with a unit overview, which maps out the essential questions and vocabulary.  Here's what I have so far:



Instead of essential questions, I've decided to use "I can" statements.  This way, students know EXACTLY what they are supposed to learn during the course of our unit, and they can check off the statements they are now able to do!  (I'm not doing away with essential questions - my principal requires them - but I plan on using them in student reflection questions at the end of certain lessons.) 

I have a "Words Worth Knowing" section (aka vocabulary), and I've added a section where students can write down the dates form quizzes, homework checks, INB checks, unit and district tests, and a project.  That's all for now...it's still a work in progress :) 

1 comment:

  1. This so amazing! I can definitely apply this to science. Thank you for sharing.

    http://scienceandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete