Wednesday, July 2, 2014

New Year, New Classroom!

I'm out of town for a few days, but before I left, I visited my new classroom.  A bunch of the teachers at our school shifted to other subjects/grades, and this year I'm moving next door so that all the teachers on my team are in the same hallway.  Now, I LOVED my classroom, however, the main reason why I'm moving has to do with the Promethean board arrangement.  Three years ago, I painted my classroom a greenish-teal color (Behr's Shoreline Green, to be exact) and decorated with purple and black accents.  Now that I've moved next door, I've got a brand new slate to decorate!  Here's what my new classroom looks like now:


From the back corner...

From my desk in the front corner of the room...

While it's not bad, I really need color to make me happy!  I tried to talk myself out of painting my new classroom, but I just couldn't...am I crazy?  As you can see in the first picture, I tried out four colors.  I think I've found the right one:


Did I mention I LOVE teal?
It's probably a shade lighter and a little more blue than my old room.  I'll have more pics whenever I start painting!  In the meantime, I'm trying really hard to set up my curriculum and unit pacing to incorporate interactive notebooks this year.  While this will be our fourth year doing CCSS, and I pretty much know what I'm teaching, the planning involved in implementing INBs is tough!  I'm ready for the challenge... really want my students to be actively engaged this year!  Stay tuned...See y'all later!




No comments:

Post a Comment