Saturday, August 23, 2014

Classroom Reveal!

I know it's not Tuesday, but I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin's Back to School Tour:



We have been in school for a week already, and boy, I am exhausted!  For the past month, I've been preparing myself to for going back to school.  I've been busy getting my classroom ready, helping with new teacher interviews, and lesson planning.  A few posts ago, I promised that I would have pics of my classroom...here you go!




I love how my room turned out!  The color I picked out is bright and cheery, and most of all, it makes me happy :)

Classroom Tour (WARNING - a bunch of pics ahead!):

The bulletin board outside my room...a superhero theme!
My door!  When putting up my bulletin board, I didn't realize it was going to match my door sign :)
I'm trying groups this year...wish me luck!


The student workbooks we will be using in class.  I have about 130-140 kids this year...I've decided to buy another crate for the extra workbooks...see how they are bowing?

My Table of Contents Poster for our Interactive Notebooks

Student supply area

A close up...I'm crossing my fingers that the kids put things back where they belong!
Our school requires students to sign-out/in when leaving the room, and sign-in when your are tardy to class.  To the left is my make-up box where the kids will look up the date they are absent to find the handouts/work that was done on that day.

My "Words Worth Knowing" bulletin board...by the end of the year, I look forward to seeing this board filled up with all the new vocab words my students have learned!

My whiteboard...
This bookshelf holds my organizing bins for Essential Questions labels, "I Can" Statement labels, "Words Worth Knowing" labels, and expo markers.  The cart is where I will put my students' make-up tests and graded work (there are two drawers for each class).

My supply shelf!  The two white organizing drawers to the left hold my rulers, protractors, scissors, markers, colored pencils, and crayons.  The other two organizing to the right are for my groups.  Each group in my class has a drawer assigned to them with supplies so that we don't have to spend so much time getting supplies together.  The purple and green cloth bins hold all my bulk office/school supplies such as pencils, erasers, tape, highlighters, glue, etc.

My desk.  It's clean now, but pretty much by the end of every day it looks like a hot mess! 

My filing cabinet and teacher supply area
I hope you enjoyed a tour of my classroom!  I wish everyone luck on a brand new school year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment