Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Currently...

Hi, all!  I'm super excited to linking up for the first time with Farley @ Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently!


Listening/Watching:  Twilight:  Breaking Dawn Part 1...don't judge me!

Loving:  My new clothes!  My BFF and I went shopping in New Orleans yesterday, and I bought the cutest stuff!  Last week, we shopped, and I bought two super cute maxi dresses.  She asked me why I didn't wear one of them when we went to NOLA...naturally I said, "I'm not going to wear them until school starts!"  

Thinking:  Planning out the new year and using interactive notebooks.  I know it's going to take A LOT of pre-planning and major classroom management, but I feel up to the task!  Now, I have to actually plan out what will be going in my lessons!  I can do it!

Wanting:  Some new Chuck Taylors!  You can pretty much wear them with anything!  You know...like these:
Chuck Taylor Low Tops!

Needing:  To finish getting my classroom together...it is a HOT MESS!  I finally finished painting it...yay!  Now, I have to unpack all my stuff and organize!  One of previous posts shows the before...I'm waiting until I am 100% finished with my classroom before I post any pictures.  I plan on finishing by Thursday...stay tuned, and wish me luck!

1st Day for Me and Kids:  My official 1st day is August 8th, but I've pretty much been going to the school regularly for various reasons the past couple weeks (working registration, painting my classroom, helping with interviews for a couple positions we still have to fill, etc.).  On Wednesday, team leaders have to be present for New Teacher Orientation at our school.  We have teacher workdays August 11-15, and the kids will have their 1st day on August 18th.  

That's pretty much it...if you're already starting school this week, good luck on the new school year!  For the rest of y'all, enjoy the rest of your summer!  

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have so many things to comment on. I'm extremely jealous that you went shopping in New Orleans! I lived there years ago, and I absolutely LOVE that city. I have the same first day of school clothing rules, too! I also adore interactive notebooks...and Chuck Taylors! I always have to have a pair to match my school colors. I buy new ones when I start working at new schools. Is that strange??? Best of luck on your first day of school!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think matching shoes to your school colors is strange at all...what else is supposed to match all the school t-shirts you eventually will get? Haha! Thanks for your comments :)

      Delete
  2. YAY! Another Middle School Blogger!!!! :) I want to try interactive math notebooks this year, too. I have to do a little research though! :) Nice to "meet" you!!!
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great to meet you, too! I'll let you know how it all works out!

      Delete
  3. Interactive notebooks are the best! I fully implemented them in my classroom last year and the results were amazing! I was quite surprised with how easy the management went with using them too. I found some great CCSS interactive notebooks for math and language arts on Teachers Pay Teachers. We will be finishing our rooms on the same day! I hope I get it all done by Thursday! Good luck!
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete